Pages

Saturday 13 July 2013

Top 5 films of all time!

I thought the perfect first post for this blog would be my top 5 films of all time. For someone like me who has many  favourite films this has proved a bit of a challenge and I know I've probably forgotten half of the films I've ever seen but hey-ho.


  1. Shaun Of The Dead: This has got to be in my top 10 films; it has everything you could possibly want in a film! Comedy, romance, violence, friendship and zombies! The combination of everything together makes for one of the best 'family-friendly' films I've ever seen. Not to mention that Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are 2 of my favourite actors.

  1. Donnie Darko: This film is such a mindfuck that I keep re-watching it in hope that it'll make more sense the next time around. I love films that really make you think about things afterwards and this is definitely one of those films. And way the film shows everything through Donnie's eyes makes it just that little bit more intriguing. If you haven't already then I definitely recommend you watch it.
  2. Dude, Where's My Car?: If you know anything about me then you'll know that I absolutely adore cheesy 90's films such as Dude, Where's My Car?; Wayne's World and In The Army Now. Comedy from this time is right up my street and perfect to my sense of humour. Everything about this film is perfect and it even has Ashton Kutcher; need I say more? Shibby.
  3. House Of 1000 Corpses: I've probably seen this film more times than I've showered in my entire life and I'm not exaggerating. Obviously with me being an avid fan of Rob Zombie it was a must-have to see all of the films that he's directed and it is certainly not a let down. It has the perfect combination of gore, violence and weird country hicks that it's managed to make it's way into my favourite films of all time. If you're ready to put up with all the moaning (as you already will be as it's in most of Rob Zombie's songs) then here's a new film for you to fall in love with.
  4. Lion King: They always say 'save the best til last' and I certainly have. The Lion King is my favourite film ever, has been from the first time I watched it and will be forever. I remember watching it as a child all the way until the end; then rewinding the video until it was back to the beginning so I could re-watch it again. I can't even find the words to describe this film to you. It's perfect for everyone and will be my family's favourite for generations to come. Just seriously, best film of all time. Watch it now, I know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment